ADVANCED PROCESS ENGINEER
A BETTER PLACE TO BE. MOLDED PRECISION COMPONENTS.
MPC is one of the fastest growing injection molding companies, utilizing Industry 4.0 technology to manufacture both automotive and medical products of the highest precision and quality. As a successful owner-operated company, we base everything we do in our three core values of integrity, collaboration and innovation. We specialize in design, tooling, automation, production of precision plastic components, and scientific injection molding. Our maxim is: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” In short, we treat all employees as family and we respect that each team member, regardless of his or her function or title, is equally important to the company.
The Advanced Process Engineer is responsible for all test shot orders and cell development to launch a program successfully.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and perform Test Shot Order (TSO’s) after working with project engineers for TSO definition
- Manage and perform the set-up of new production cells according to requirements. Includes design documentation
- Manage and perform Production Sign Off trials (PSO’s)
- Liaise with production process engineers to train and explain new cells
- Complete assigned APQP checklist tasks as required
- Analyze lessons learned related to production cells and process and communicate relevant information to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner
- Provide engineering input for MoldFlow development specific to each product
- Perform MoldFlow simulations to determine acceptable mold parameters for production and development
- Perform Capability studies/tests as required to determine acceptable mold limits for production
- Maintain relationships with material suppliers to better understand and develop systems for future programs
- Responsible to work with the Advanced Engineering team to understand and be able to implement and troubleshoot the automations systems required for each job
- Promote MPC’s core values and actively contribute to a positive and rewarding team environment
- Other duties as assigned
- College Diploma or University Degree in Engineering
- Must have experience with scientific molding approach
- 5 years’ mould process experience
- Must have extensive knowledge of engineered resins and process abilities
- Must be familiar with and have the ability to troubleshoot moulding machines, dryers, thermolators, and related moulding equipment
- An advanced understanding of injection moulds
- Understanding of automation and robotic interfaces
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Our Culture, MPC provides a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. We are honoured to provide our valued Team Members with an environment where they can grow and thrive both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, this could be the place for you!
- We have a real family-style atmosphere in our facility, and we love to have BBQ’s, golf tournaments, bike club and bowling (just to name a few!)
- Career Development in a positive and enjoyable working environment
- Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision care benefits and life insurance
- Access to our on-site fitness centre
- Free membership to Bliss Ann Green Yoga in Barrie
- Clean, safe and stable working environment
WANT TO GET A BETTER LOOK AT MPC? CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AND OUR VIDEOS
MPC is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.