ENGINEERING MANAGER- AUTOMATION/MECHATRONICS
A BETTER PLACE TO BE. MOLDED PRECISION COMPONENTS.
MPC is one of the fastest growing injection molding companies, utilizing Industry 4.0 technology to manufacture both automotive and medical products of the highest precision and quality. As a successful owner-operated company, we base everything we do in our three core values of integrity, collaboration and innovation. We specialize in design, tooling, automation, production of precision plastic components, and scientific injection molding. Our maxim is: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” In short, we treat all employees as family and we respect that each team member, regardless of his or her function or title, is equally important to the company.
To manage the automation team and ensure excellence throughout the department. Responsible for managing finances, timelines, and the projects of the team, as well as directing and participating in design activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a growing team of automation/mechatronics engineers and skilled tradespeople
- Oversee various automation projects and delegate tasks as needed
- Responsible for ensuring projects meet planning budget and time objectives and proactively reporting when objectives cannot be achieved
- Implement strategies to ensure planned timelines are met when setbacks occur
- Meet with customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders to define the scope of projects, clarify budget requirements, and define program requirements
- Evaluate new and emerging technology, creating roadmaps for how we incorporate them to further review and evaluate Team Member performance with regular performance feedback promoting Team Member engagement and motivation
- Promote MPC’s core values and actively contribute to a positive and rewarding team environment
- Value each other’s contributions and work together in unity toward our common goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering
- Extensive knowledge and experience designing, constructing, sourcing and integrating automation systems
- Experience managing multiple projects from concept to completion
- Knowledge of legal requirements pertaining to automation design and construction
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, & Industrial and Construction Regulations
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting tight deadlines to produce desired results while ensuring safe work practices are a priority
- Must have a positive attitude and the desire to provide exceptional customer service, both internally and externally
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our Culture, MPC provides a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. We are honoured to provide our valued Team Members with an environment where they can grow and thrive both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, this could be the place for you!
- We have a real family-style atmosphere in our facility, and we love to have BBQ’s, golf tournaments, bike club, and bowling (just to name a few!)
- Career Development in a positive and enjoyable working environment
- Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision care benefits and life insurance
- Access to our on-site fitness center
- Free membership to Bliss Ann Green Yoga in Barrie
- Clean, safe and stable working environment
WANT TO GET A BETTER LOOK AT MPC? CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE_ AND OUR VIDEOS_
- VIDEOS SERIES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI9d4dWT7wU
MPC is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.