MANUFACTURING ENGINEER- CELL DEVELOPMENT
A BETTER PLACE TO BE. MOLDED PRECISION COMPONENTS.
MPC is one of the fastest growing injection molding companies, utilizing Industry 4.0 technology to manufacture both automotive and medical products of the highest precision and quality. As a successful owner-operated company, we base everything we do in our three core values of integrity, collaboration and innovation. We specialize in design, tooling, automation, production of precision plastic components, and scientific injection molding. Our maxim is: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” In short, we treat all employees as family and we respect that each team member, regardless of his or her function or title, is equally important to the company.
Responsible for cell development to launch programs/projects successfully by optimization process for injection moulding, automation and related equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, design and implement manufacturing cells that meet or exceed production, quality, efficiency and budget requirements
- Responsible for TSO’s (test shot order) and cell development to launch a medical program successfully
- Assist with the design assembly and integration of various types of automation and related equipment
- Installing, programming, testing and troubleshooting PLC’s and related controls
- Identification and implementation of lean production principles
- Assist with equipment selection and procurement when necessary
- Evaluate new and emerging technology
- Specification of equipment requirements, procurement and management of installation of all equipment on production floor
- Perform manufacturing/process risk analysis, develop and implement action plans to mitigate high risk items in manufacturing system
- Equipment start-up and debugging
- Perform process validation and DOE on new and manufacturing processes and determine, document and control Key Process Characteristics
- Prepare and implement 8D responses and permanent corrective actions
- Create floor documentation: PFMEA, Control Plan, Work Guidance, Process Flow as well as inspection instructions when necessary
- Update and manage engineering change paperwork
- Respond to quality and production concerns and develop action plans to resolve in a timely manner
- Lead training of all floor personnel on equipment operation and maintenance requirements
- Promote MPC’s core values and actively contribute to a positive and rewarding team environment
- Other duties as assigned
- College Diploma or University Degree in Engineering
- Experience with scientific molding approach an asset
- Must have an excellent understanding of automation and control interfaces
- 5 years’ mould process experience preferred
- Knowledge of engineered resins and process abilities
- Familiar with injection moulding machines, dryers, thermolators, and related moulding equipment
- Understanding of injection moulds/tooling
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Our Culture, MPC provides a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. We are honoured to provide our valued Team Members with an environment where they can grow and thrive both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, this could be the place for you!
- We have a real family-style atmosphere in our facility, and we love to have BBQ’s, golf tournaments, bike club and bowling (just to name a few!)
- Career Development in a positive and enjoyable working environment
- Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision care benefits and life insurance
- Access to our on-site fitness centre
- Free membership to Bliss Ann Green Yoga in Barrie
- Clean, safe and stable working environment
WANT TO GET A BETTER LOOK AT MPC? CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AND OUR VIDEOS
- VIDEOS SERIES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI9d4dWT7wU
MPC is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.