Join in the Battle Against Covid-19
MPC has joined in the fight against Covid-19 and we are seeking out the most talented, reliable and personable individuals to join us in our fight. MPC is not a division of a major corporation. We are a very successful owner-operated, plastic injection molding company. Our maxim is: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” In short, we treat all employees as family and we respect that each team member, regardless of his or her function or title is equally important to the overall success of the company. We are currently in the process of transforming our facility to help supply badly needed medical devices in the battle against Covid-19.
With a commitment to excellence, a thriving culture and by the implementation of leading technologies, Molded Precision Components has become a World-Class injection molding company. We specialize in design, tooling, automation, production of precision plastic components, and scientific injection moulding.
Our General Accountant will be integral to the overall success of MPC. The successful candidate will perform year-end accounting tasks and provide technical accounting support to the accounting manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support in month end and year-end financial reporting.
- Support in preparing and analyzing all government related payments
- Manage vendor accounts ensuring accuracy of records.
- Support all payroll related functions.
- Inventory and labour cost analysis
- Oversee and manage customer collection of receivables.
- Perform any necessary data collection for analytics.
- Responsible for various financial reporting to management.
- Post secondary accounting diploma or university degree and minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience completing all year-end accounting activities
- Demonstrated ability to manage A/R and A/P.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Good organisational, time management and prioritising skills.
- Ability to work under numerous interruptions.
- Must have the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Experience working with Sage Simply accounting software an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Our Culture, MPC provides a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. We are honoured to provide our valued Team Members with an environment where they can grow and thrive both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, this could be the place for you!
- We have a real family-style atmosphere in our facility, and we love to have BBQ’s, golf tournaments, and bowling (just to name a few!)
- Career Development in a positive and enjoyable working environment
- Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision care benefits and life insurance
- Access to our on-site fitness center
- Free membership to Bliss Ann Green Yoga in Barrie
- Clean, safe and stable working environment
MPC is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.