HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER
A BETTER PLACE TO BE. MOLDED PRECISION COMPONENTS.
MPC is one of the fastest growing injection molding companies, utilizing Industry 4.0 technology to manufacture both automotive and medical products of the highest precision and quality. As a successful owner-operated company, we base everything we do in our three core values of integrity, collaboration and innovation. We specialize in design, tooling, automation, production of precision plastic components, and scientific injection molding. Our maxim is: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” In short, we treat all employees as family and we respect that each team member, regardless of his or her function or title, is equally important to the company.
The purpose of the position is to provide analytical, advisory education and training services on occupational health, safety and accident prevention to staff and management at all levels of the organization. Leads the development, coordination and oversight of MPC’s Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing and evaluating the health and safety program in line with best practices and legislative changes; co-coordinating the measurement and evaluation of program activities and of the overall health and safety program; developing recommendations to improve overall health and safety operations.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of workplace health and safety policy and program; developing procedures and safety rules; consult regarding policy development and health and safety planning and implementation strategies.
- Assisting in the development of practices for integrating health and safety into all business operations; assisting department managers and supervisors to develop safe work practices; assisting personnel to appraise new & relocated equipment, machines & new substances to promote & ensure safety
- Ensuring that proper accident investigation procedures are developed and implemented; ensuring regular analyses of all relevant injury reports and records by monitoring and evaluating incident reports, WSIB trends; developing procedures for identifying hazards
- Liaising with federal and provincial authorities and organizations (Workplace Safety and Prevention Services, Ministry of Labour, Training & Skills Development (MOLTSD), Workplace Safety & Insurance Board) in working towards a safer workplace; gathering and submitting all required information and reports to the MOLTSD on behalf of the employer when requested; developing and maintaining co-operation with experts in various fields.
- Provides support to the Joint Health and Safety Committee to ensure efficient and effective functioning, and availability of resources and information.
- Collecting and disseminating health and safety information including legal requirements; facilitating education and training for all employees in line with legislative requirements, best practice and MPC policy and procedures.
- Maintaining a comprehensive database of statistical information; conducting data analysis to identify/report trends in order to inform decision-makers and including recommendations for appropriate actions and improvement; monitoring employee incidents and follow-up activity to determine areas of priority.
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in a related field
- Completion of, or in progress toward, Canadian Registered Safety Professional certification
- Certified Ergonomist would be an asset
- Experience with occupational health & safety assessments; Joint Health and Safety Committee involvement; H&S project management
- Expert knowledge of occupational health and safety principles, best practices and legislation
- Demonstrated experience with risk management theories, principles and mitigation strategies/tools to conduct risk assessments and protect the organization against losses
- Proven statistical analysis techniques to evaluate program, identify data trends, assess risks/priorities, report concerns or discrepancies, make recommendations for mitigating risk and liability and develop reports to support decision-making
- Results oriented work ethic to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and deliver quality, consistent and timely results
- Demonstrated leadership, conflict resolution, presentation, analytical thinking and organizational skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Models and promotes core ethical practice, MPC Values (Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation), and reflects an optimistic and positive attitude and adapts readily to change
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Our Culture, MPC provides a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. We are honoured to provide our valued Team Members with an environment where they can grow and thrive both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, this could be the place for you!
- We have a real family-style atmosphere in our facility, and we love to have BBQ’s, golf tournaments, bike club, and bowling (just to name a few!)
- Career Development in a positive and enjoyable working environment
- Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision care benefits and life insurance
- Access to our on-site fitness center
- Free membership to Bliss Ann Green Yoga in Barrie
- Clean, safe and stable working environment
WANT TO GET A BETTER LOOK AT MPC? CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AND OUR VIDEOS
- VIDEOS SERIES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI9d4dWT7wU
- WEBSITE: https://www.mpccomponents.com/about-us/
MPC is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.