JOIN IN THE BATTLE AGAINST COVID-19
MPC has joined in the fight against Covid-19 and we are seeking out the most talented, reliable and personable individuals to join us in our fight. MPC is not a division of a major corporation. We are a very successful owner-operated, plastic injection molding company. Our maxim is: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” In short, we treat all employees as family and we respect that each team member, regardless of his or her function or title is equally important to the overall success of the company.
Our Material Handlers are integral to the overall success of MPC. You will be tasked with delivering, loading and unloading product to and from our two plants by cube van and forklift in accordance with company specifications. You will also be regrinding excess and defective material daily.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all materials by receiving and allocating to designated areas, loading materials into hoppers, bins and dryers as per schedule.
- Weigh resins, colorants and other additives as per product master and setup sheet.
- Load, unload and move products and materials as per product master either by hand or with basic material handling equipment.
- Attach identifying tags, labels or mark information on cases, bundles, barrels, gaylords, boxes, dryers etc.
- Load, unload and clean grinders, dryers, hoppers and other machinery.
- Regrind in process and or offline as required.
- Complete quality documentation as required.
- Ensure material room, and grinding area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Wipe down and clean hoppers and dryers on a daily bases.
- Adhere to all plant safety rules and policies, including wearing of all Personal Protective Equipment.
- Maintain records, inventory and follow checklists.
- Must have valid Forklift Operator Certification
- Basic working knowledge of English, verbal & written
- Basic mathematical skills
- Minimum one (1) year of factory experience
- Handle Carrying Heavy Loads up to 60lbs
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work independently
WHAT WE OFFER
· Our Culture, MPC provides a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. We are honoured to provide our valued Team Members with an environment where they can grow and thrive both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, this could be the place for you!
· We have a real family-style atmosphere in our facility, and we love to have BBQ’s, golf tournaments, bike club, and bowling (just to name a few!)
· Career Development in a positive and enjoyable working environment
· Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision care benefits and life insurance
· Access to our on-site fitness centre
· Free membership to Bliss Ann Green Yoga in Barrie
· Clean, safe and stable working environment
WANT TO GET A BETTER LOOK AT MPC? CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AND OUR VIDEOS
· VIDEOS SERIES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI9d4dWT7wU
MPC is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.