MOLDED PRECISION COMPONENTS is known worldwide as a precision parts supplier for the automotive industry. We manufacture the most challenging parts with the highest quality standards and tolerances. We are a state of the art ISO/TS 16949:2009 registered company located just ten minutes north of Barrie, Ontario. MPC is a full service injection moulding company offering product development, tooling, prototyping, and manufacturing.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Day shift
- Full time hours (40 hours per week) over time available
- Life insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision care benefits
- Profit Sharing bonus
- Salary: $18.00 to $30.00 /hour. Starting Pay, dependent on experience
- Access to our on-site fitness centre
- Free membership to Bliss Ann Green Yoga in Barrie
- Clean, safe and stable working environment
- We have a real family style atmosphere, we love to have BBQ’s, golf tournaments, and bowling (just to name a few!).
- MPC provides a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, this could be the place for you!
MPC is currently seeking a full time Mould Maker. The successful candidate will work with some of the best Mould Makers and Engineers in the plastics industry and be given the opportunity to work on some of the most technically challenging non-commodity moulds in the world, including planetary rotational cores, with internal mechanical movements, rotating gear rings, insert moulding and mould over parts. MPC is known worldwide as a precision plastic parts supplier for the automotive industry; we manufacture the most challenging parts with the highest quality standards and complex configurations requiring close tolerances of up to 0.0002″ (0.005 MM).
As a Mould Maker your primary responsibility will be building and fitting new injection moulds and related tooling by preparing various materials from engineering drawings and specifications. As well as troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining moulds that are currently operating in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
- Build injection moulds by grinding, machining, polishing, drilling, milling and fitting moulds together
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Fit and assemble parts, then test completed moulds for proper operation
- Verify conformance of repaired injection moulds or related tooling to specification by checking dimension, clearances and alignments using various test equipment
- Assist in the training and sharing of knowledge of apprentices
- Perform general maintenance and cleanup of all Toolroom machinery
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and assists in it’s implementation on an on-going basis
- Qualified Mould Maker trade certificate or Tool & Die Maker Certificate
- Must be able to operate all common tool room machinery in a safe and productive manner
- Excellent problem solving and work planning ability
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast environment
- Must have all tools common to the trade
- Mathematical and mechanical aptitude
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions
- Ability to work well independently and as a team
- Forklift experience an asset
- Knowledge of safety issues relevant to performance of duties
MPC is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time