PROJECT ENGINEER – ADV. ENGINEERING DEPT.
Molded Precision Components is known worldwide as a precision parts supplier for the automotive industry; we manufacture the most challenging parts with with the highest quality standards and tolerances. We are a state of the art ISO/TS 16949:2009 registered company located just ten minutes north of Barrie, Ontario. MPC is a full service injection moulding company offering product development, tooling, prototyping, and manufacturing.
The Project Engineer is responsible for managing and solving tooling problems by utilizing our state-of-the-art technology and equipment along with engineering disciplines and cross functional teams. The position will also include the design of EOAT and fixtures, as well as feasibility, manufacturability and cost reduction analysis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Manage mold design suppliers and time lines
- Design injection molding tooling based on customer requirements
- Support overall program timing plans and mitigation strategies as appropriate
- Assess feasibility, manufacturability and integration
- Accurately identify and implement design changes to reduce manufacturing cost
- Advise managers of project status, timing, resource availability and capability
- Meet schedules and maintain quality standards
- Create of bill of materials for molds
- Participates in the new project review and kick off meetings
- Develop and update open issues and timing charts regularly to manage various projects
- Prepare products, process design and development activities using APQP process
- Update and manage engineering change paperwork
- Prepare and implement 8D responses and permanent corrective actions
- Adhere to ISO/TS 16949 Operating Procedures
- Create floor documentation: PFMEA, Control Plan, Work Guidance, Process Flow and Inspection Instructions
- Prepare and implement, cost savings, scrap reduction, efficiency improvements and R&D on assigned programs
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Exceptional computer skills in MS: Excel, Word, Project and CAD software
- Demonstrated high interest in the plastics industry
- Must have a strong desire to design world class injection moulds
- Proficiency with SolidWorks preferred
- Ability to work successfully in a fast paced team environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent attendance, work habits and organizational skills
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Day shift
- Full time hours (40 hours per week) over time available as well
- Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision care benefits and life insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Access to our on-site fitness centre
- Free membership to Bliss Ann Green Yoga in Barrie
- Clean, safe and stable working environment
- We have a real family style atmosphere in our facility, and we love to have BBQ’s, golf tournaments, and bowling (just to name a few!).
- MPC provides a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, this could be the place for you!
MPC is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent