QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
MOLDED PRECISION COMPONENTS is known worldwide as a precision parts supplier for the automotive industry. We manufacture the most challenging parts with the highest quality standards and tolerances. We are a state of the art ISO/TS 16949:2009 registered company located just ten minutes north of Barrie, Ontario. MPC is a full service injection moulding company offering product development, tooling, prototyping, and manufacturing.
The Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) is responsible for ensuring that MPC products are manufactured at a world class quality level. The QAE will continuously identify the quality assurance opportunities to prevent defective products from reaching our customers. The ideal candidate for this role must have a strong working knowledge of injection moulding, experience with mechanical processes, and a good understanding of quality assurance methodologies. A keen, results-orientated individual with a strong interest in continuous improvement, and the capability to drive changes within the current manufacturing processes will succeed in this position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer questions and provide general direction to the Quality Team Members.
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule activities of Quality Team Members and Temporary staff to meet daily requirements.
- Maintains customer and supplier relationships through visits, verbal/written communication, and completion of inquiries with deadlines.
- Interprets blueprints to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Collect/analyse statistical data, failures, corrective and preventative actions to ensure compliance, improve quality and respond to customer issues.
- Use root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Perform, coordinate, and participate, APQP, PPAP, Control Plan, PFMEA, 8-D processes.
- Develop quality work instructions for use in production areas.
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of quality capability.
- Assist in the identification and elimination of Scrap/Waste.
- Prepare graphs or charts of data and enter data collected into database software for analysis.
- Coordinate and conduct supplier quality activities. Ensure they meet company quality standards.
- Provide support for production areas.
- Champion and participate in continuous improvement projects
- Must have a strong working knowledge quality assurance methodology, including PPAP, APQP, PFMEA, DFMEA, YY, 8D, Pareto including development of Control Plans, Supplier Development and Quality Management Systems.
- Post Secondary Education in Engineering.
- Quality experience in the automotive industry preferred.
- Certified ASQ designation and IATF 16949 auditor certification an asset.
- Working knowledge of injection molding.
- Must be highly organized, disciplined and results-orientated with a strong interest in continuous improvement.
- The ability to drive systemic and procedural changes within current manufacturing processes.
- Excellent computer skills (Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook); CAD software an asset.
- Accurate technical writing skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Day shift
- Full time hours (40 hours per week) over time available
- Life insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision care benefits
- Profit Sharing bonus
- Pay: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 pr/yr (Starting wage is dependent on experience)
- Access to our on-site fitness centre
- Free membership to Bliss Ann Green Yoga in Barrie
- Clean, safe and stable working environment
- We have a real family style atmosphere, we love to have BBQ’s, golf tournaments, and bowling (just to name a few!).
- MPC provides a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, this could be the place for you!
MPC is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request
Job Type: Full-time