QUALITY DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR
MOLDED PRECISION COMPONENTS is known worldwide as a precision parts supplier for the automotive industry. We manufacture the most challenging parts with the highest quality standards and tolerances. We are a state of the art IATF 16949 registered company located just ten minutes north of Barrie, Ontario. MPC is a full service injection moulding company offering product development, tooling, prototyping, and manufacturing.
The QUALITY DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR is responsible for supporting all production matters to ensure MPC products, systems and processes are carried out to specification. As well as supervising Quality Department Team Members to ensure production requirements are met, procedures are followed accurately and provide guidance, answers and support .
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer questions and provide general direction to Quality department Team Members.
- Mentoring and encouraging teamwork throughout the entire company.
- Contribute to individual performance reviews.
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule activities of Quality Team Members and Temporary staff to meet daily requirements.
- Maintain customers and supplier relationships, clarify requirements through visits, verbal/ written communication and tracking completion of open issues.
- Collect/Analyze production statistical data, month end tracking, failures, in lessons learned and corrective and preventative actions to ensure compliance, improve quality and respond to customer issues.
- Lead Quality Alert and containment activities throughout the facility.
- Provides input in gauge design on behalf of production.
- Lead the Lessons Learned process using root cause analysis (8D) and implementation of corrective action for customer and/or internal production, part or process related concerns.
- Lead in the continuous improvement of production quality work-instructions for use in production areas.
- Responsible for effective document control and effective launch, training and implementation for all production related change points.
- Train new Operators and continuously improve the standardized training program through lessons learned / TGW feedback loop.
- Lead Annual Validation and Calibration (hand measurement tools and/or CMM) system ensuring timelines are met.
- Lead / participate in Internal Audit function, including system, product and layered audits.
- Champion and participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience in a busy, high paced environment.
- Post Secondary Education in related field.
- Quality experience in the automotive industry preferred.
- Certified ASQ designation and IATF 16949 auditor certification an asset.
- Working knowledge of injection molding.
- Sound understanding of quality assurance methodologies including PPAP, APQP, PFMEA, DFMEA including development of Control Plans, Supplier Development and Quality Management Systems.
- Must be highly organized, disciplined and results-orientated with a strong interest in continuous improvement.
- The ability to drive systemic and procedural changes within current manufacturing processes.
- Excellent computer skills (Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook); CAD software an asset.
- Demonstrated problem solving disciplines, 8D or other.
- Accurate technical writing skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Day shift (8am to 4:30pm)
- Full time hours (40 hours per week)
- Life insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision care benefits
- Profit Sharing bonus
- Access to our on-site fitness center
- Free membership to Bliss Ann Green Yoga in Barrie
- Clean, safe and stable working environment
- We have a real family style atmosphere, we love to have BBQ’s, golf tournaments, snow tubing, drive in movie theatre night and bowling (Just to name a few!).
- MPC provides a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, this could be the place for you!
MPC is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year