SR&ED SPECIALIST/ GRANT WRITER
HERE WE GROW AGAIN!
MPC rapidly expanding and we are seeking out the most talented, reliable and fun individuals to join us on this exciting path of growth and success. MPC is not a division of a major corporation. We are a very successful owner-operated, plastic injection molding company. Our maxim is: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” In short, we treat all employees as family and we respect that each team member, regardless of his or her function or title is equally important to the overall success of the company.
With a commitment to excellence, a thriving culture and by the implementation of leading technologies, Molded Precision Components has become a World-Class injection molding company. We specialize in design, tooling, automation, production of precision plastic components, and scientific injection moulding.
SR&ED SPECIALIST/ GRANT WRITER
The SR&ED Specialist / Grant Writer drafts and submits funding applications on behalf of MPC and manages all reporting, documentation and communication requirements from project concept to completion for government grants, Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) projects and incentives. As well as assisting with technical cost estimates for new business.
- Prepare and submit grant applications in a timely and effective manner
- Managing SR&ED claims and other engineering special projects
- Research and identify grant opportunities relevant to MPC’s needs
- Complete grant-related reporting requirements, including project summaries that clearly and concisely communicate the scientific/technological advancements attempted or achieved
- Develop a comprehensive and prioritized plan of MPC’s funding opportunities
- Maintain a calendar of submission deadlines and other important milestones
- Meet with organizational leaders and technical personnel to identify experimental development versus routine development
- Audit internal documentation and knowledge transfer processes to suggest optimal approaches for capturing information
- Maintain accurate records of grant applications
- Assist with the procurement of technical part specifications to develop cost estimates for new business
- Perform other duties assigned by management
- A college or university post secondary education or equivalent job-related experience
- Technical business writing experience required
- Demonstrated success writing, submitting, and procuring grants and SR&ED incentives for a company similar to the MPC
- Excellent computer skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project); CAD software an asset
- Experience creating and facilitating presentations
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated experience taking initiative to address challenges or realize opportunities.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must be highly organized, disciplined and results-orientated with a strong interest in continuous improvement in a very busy work environment
- Able to work independently, prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Our Culture, MPC provides a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. We are honoured to provide our Team Members with an environment where they can grow and thrive both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, this could be the place for you!
- Day shift
- Full-time hours (40 hours per week)
- Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision care benefits and life insurance
- Access to our on-site fitness centre
- Free membership to Bliss Ann Green Yoga in Barrie
- Clean, safe and stable working environment
- We have a real family-style atmosphere in our facility, and we love to have BBQ’s, golf tournaments, and bowling (just to name a few!)
MPC is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.