TOOLING PROJECT ENGINEER
MPC is known worldwide as a precision parts supplier for the automotive industry. We manufacture the most challenging parts with the highest quality standards and tolerances. We are a state of the art ISO/TS 16949:2009 registered company located just ten minutes north of Barrie, Ontario. MPC is a full service injection moulding company offering product development, tooling, prototyping, and manufacturing.
The Tooling Project Engineer is responsible for managing tool builds, scheduling and coordinating work, troubleshooting issues, and continually improving, quality, speed and internal process. As well as seeking out and budgeting for replacement machinery and working with vendors and outside contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep up-to-date on customer requirements and communicate to department leaders or designates.
- Ensure prototype and production tools, processes and parts meet the targeted cost, quality and timing constraints.
- Scheduling based on continually changing priorities.
- Conduct regular meetings with all project stakeholders to ensure proper focus remains on the projects, deliverables and expected results.
- Maintain and continuously refine company tooling standards.
- Support engineering and design activity from a tooling perspective, including feasibility reviews.
- Participate in the development of costing standards for quoting tools for new projects.
- Continuously seek opportunities to reduce costs, improve quality and reduce delivery times and recommend continuous improvements.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, quality system, delivery, or installation.
- Provide constant and consistent feedback to the Tool room employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of the requirements of tool actions required for the manufacturing of plastic parts.
- Completed an apprenticeship program in mould making would be ideal.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Experience working within a lean manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience implementing quality control measures within a tooling department.
- Must have experience initiating actions to prevent the occurrence of product, process or quality non-conformance issues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced industry.
- Experience programming and optimizing mould making machinery (CMM and EDM) an asset.
- Familiar with APQP processes.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Day shift
- Full time hours (40 hours per week) over time available
- Life insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision care benefits
- Profit Sharing bonus
- Access to our on-site fitness centre
- Free membership to Bliss Ann Green Yoga in Barrie
- Clean, safe and stable working environment
- We have a real family style atmosphere, we love to have BBQ’s, golf tournaments, and bowling (just to name a few!).
- MPC provides a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, this could be the place for you!
MPC is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request